Under the supervision of the Assistant General Manager, responsible for the set up and/or closing of the course, starting golfers from the first tee, making sure all golfers are paid and keeping golfers informed of rules and regulations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license
• General knowledge of the game of golf
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Ability to drive a golf cart
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Keep order, ensure prompt tee off, and maintain the flow of golfers as they prepare to play the course
• Make sure all golfers have starting tickets (receipts)
• Remain at the starter station at all times
• Pick up litter around the first tee, putting green, and pro shop
• Unlock pull carts and bring out electric carts to first tee
• Set up white and red tee markers. Blue markers may go out if a special event is scheduled.
• Install all flags
• Check all ball washers; fill with water/solution if needed
• Put water coolers at the third, seventh, and eighth holes. Fill cup dispensers.
• Check for hazards around the course
• Put rakes near sand traps, making sure all traps have at least one rake
• Make sure all equipment on the course, as well as the benches, signs, and ball washers are in good functioning condition
• Rove the course throughout your shift. Be available to as many golfers as possible
• Know all rules and enforce them
• Record and report all complaints to the Assistant General Manager.
• Inform any golfer who damages private property that they are liable for restitution
• See that play moves along steadily, asking slow golfers if faster golfers may play through
• Periodically check water coolers and cups, fill if needed
• Empty garbage cans when needed
• Pick up any litter on the course
• Complete accident/incident reports for all accidents on course
• Make sure tee towels are hanging on all ball washers
• Lock up handcarts and put away electric carts
• Follow behind the last group to pick up all tee markers, flags, coolers, rakes, trash in receptacles, any debris on course, and practice green pins
• Check gas supply of ranger’s cart
• Put all equipment in maintenance building in an orderly fashion
• Lock up the maintenance building
• Provide excellent customer service – display a positive and professional attitude at all times
• Perform all job tasks within the rules and guidelines of the Park District’s safety program
• Work as a team player with co-workers and in conjunction with other departments
Contact us Today!