Z. RECREATION SPECIALIST (GYMNASTICS)
6. The purpose of this position is is to serve as a Gymnastics Coach and to follow skill sets, lesson plans and training for children,teens and adults in order to stimulate youth/adult to participate in and experience a variety of ongoing activities that will improve and maintain their physical well-being and promote good lifetime health maintenance skills. The program serves a diverse population of active duty, reserve, and retired military, their family members, civilians, and other authorized customers, to include the local national community in and around the installation.
7. Leads, follows, organizes, coordinates and directs comprehensive gymnastics lesson plans for patrons and the Gymnastics Program, including major and minor events,group lessons,specialty classes, special events and competitive events for a moderately large overseas area for children and youth age 10 months through adult years of age. Adheres to gymnastics events and follows all procedures and policies set forth by the Gymnastics Program Director. Ensures that programs are properly communicated, organized and supported to maintain a high level of patron satisfaction and encourage their long-term participation. Ensures controlled class management of gymnasts and remains in an active standing position of direct obersvation and coaching. Displays a respectful, positive and professional interactions with customers and staff. Alerts the higher-level supervisor, or proper point of contact for help when problems arise.
8. Must help organize and participate in events related to the gymnastics program to include but not limitied to: Class/Program Shows, Holiday Programs, Skill Sessions & Clinics. Actively participates in recording skills sets and advancements of students, using the program skill tracker. Actively participates and follows planned activities according to their specific event.
9. Assists with any/all activities associated with the MCCS Gymnastics Program. Upholds all Gymnastics Program policies,procedures, standards and code of conduct. Assists in maintaining gymnastics facility and ensures equipment is in proper working condition, and performs minor equipment maintenance and facility cleaning as necessary.
10. Adheres to safety regulations and standards. Uses required safety equipment, and observes safe work procedures. Promptly reports any observed workplace hazards, and any injury, occupational illness, and/or property damage resulting from workplace mishaps to the immediate supervisor. May be exposed to the risks associated with any sports, fitness and recreation programs.
11. Gymnastics program polo shirt provided by MCCS. Dark colored athletic shorts/pants. Coaches may coach barefoot, in socks or in new shoes that remain at the gymnastics facility and are approved by the director. Hair must be neatly pulled back, no jewelry (exception stud earrings), watches or other electronic devices are allowed to be worn while coaching.
a. Candidate must have a minimum of one year experience in gymnastics or dance/fitness/athletics related field, working with children.
b. English Language Proficiency Level 2 minimum for Japanese citizens. Non-Japanese citizens must be fluent in English to speak, read, and write at a proficiency level to interact with MCCS customers.
TOEIC 730 or greater
ALCPT 90 or greater
TOEFL (PBT) 550 or greater
TOEFL (CBT) 210 or greater
TOEFL (iBT) 80 or greater
CASEC 870 or greater
EIKEN Pre-1st or greater
c. Must be able to possess and maintain a current Red Cross First Aid certification, and Adult CPR Certificate.
d. Must be able to perform prolonged periods of standing, walking, bending, twisting, stooping, balancing, climbing, heavy lifting and carrying objects weighing 45 pounds (20 kg) without assistance. Physical demands: hand eye cooridination, spotting, able to operate computers and office equipment for required training, instruction and coaching.
e. Prefer candidate possess or able to obtain, within 1 month of hiring, Introductory Membership certification from nationally accredited certifying organization, to include: USA Gymnastics. Provided by MCCS.
f. Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule to include days, weekends, holidays, evening and night time (Weekends, and holiday work is required particularly when special and strategic events are scheduled and/or during periods of staff shortages).
g. Must pass required background and health checks.
Contact us Today!